The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer - Gender-based Violence (GBV)
Location: Central Office (Abuja)
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH)
Supervisor: Program Manager
- Provide technical assistance and oversee Gender-Based Violence programs across all the state and facilities where IHVN is present.
- Design and implement Gender-Based Programs according to PEPFAR Gender Strategy to achieve targets.
- Develop work plans and monthly budgets
- Track all program data and report as necessary.
- Build capacity of colleagues and other stakeholders in the provision of gender-based violence services
- Represent IHVN in meetings and provide oversight functions to regional/staff officers
- Serve as liaison between central and state offices on issues of Gender Based Violence.
- Provide mentorship/supervision to Community-Based Organizations in the implementation of GBV program
- Submit monthly reports to the Head of Department PCT and Gender Program Manager for effective program delivery
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by HOD and Supervisors as necessary
B.Sc. in Social Work, Nursing or any other Social Sciences
Skills and Abilities:
Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills.
Proficiency in the use of computer software - Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are essential.
Ability to evaluate/analyze data, prepare high quality reports.
Ability/capacity to develop and design GBV strategic plans.
Ability/Readiness to work with teams to achieve program goals.
Must have good inter and intrapersonal communication skills
Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
Prior Work Experience:
A minimum of 5 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on gender-based violence.
She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded care and treatment / Gender-based program
English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
Familiarity with the broad range of GBV issues. Understanding of GBV issues with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of GBV services in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Assistant Director, Human Resources" through this email address: email@example.com Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Share this job with friends!!!