Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Position: Peri-Operative Nurse
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
* Prepare patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
* provide patient care during the pre-, intra- and postoperative stages.
* Ensure clean and aseptic/sterilized operating room with other team members.
* Preparation of instruments, trolleys and sterile supplies requested for surgery.
* Gathering and sorting all supplies needed for the operationï¼šinclusive of performing swab, needle and instrument counts in line with standard operating procedures and policies.
* Position and prepare patient on operating table
* Provide needed nursing care working with the Anaesthetist and Surgeon when required during operations.
* Labeling and dispatch of laboratory specimens after each procedures.
* Managing and compiling procedure manuals, theatre registers and clients records.
* Communicating departmental policies, policy changes and/ or new procedures to relevant staff
* Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
* Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
* Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
* Adhere to safety standards and precautions
* Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the operating/surgical unit.
* Reporting to senior officer/line manager, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
* Participating in trials of new equipment and supplies and evaluation and serviceability of existing equipment.
* Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned within the team.
* Applicant must be a certified operating room nurse (CNORs) with at least 3 years experience in Peri-operative nursing care.
* A diploma in critical care is an added advantage.
* Qualified candidate must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
* Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the position.
22nd October, 2018
Method of Application
And also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected]
* Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
* Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
* Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Share this job with friends!!!