Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
* Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
* Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
* Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during con-sultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
* Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
* Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
* Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
* Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
* Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
* Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
* Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
* Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
* Permit to work in Nigeria
* Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
* Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
* Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
* Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
* Essential, knowledge of Hausa & Kanuri are an asset
* Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
* Rann is a very resource-poor environment with a volatile security context and strict movement control: thus, MSF-SW looks for a candidate with the following characteristics: hands-on, high problem solving skills, adaptability, flexibility, very motivated about MSF work and principles, able to implement MSF standards in a hostile context.
20th June, 2018
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications (containing the below documents) Using “MD JUN 2018 RANN” or “NR JUN 2018 RANN” as the subject to: email@example.com
MSF - Suisse Coordination Office,
219 KABA Street,
Off Gombole Road,
Old GRA Maiduguri,
Applications must be in English and include:
* Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
* Updated contact details and ID
* Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
* MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
* No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
Additional benefits linked to the relocation from Maiduguri to Rann will be applied!
* MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!