The Basic Suture Skills Course introduces students with limited experience and skills to the basics of wound management and allows them to practice simple suturing on a prosthetic model.
Basic suturing is an essential psychomotor skill in the everyday practice. Although suturing technique is important, the student must also have a thorough understanding of wound management in general to effectively care for a patient with a laceration.
The Basic Suture course covers instrument basics such as:
- Suture types and selection
- Proper loading of the needle
- Wound assessment and management
- Local anaesthesia
- Aftercare and documentation.
COURSE DURATION: 8 Hours
Date: Friday 18th August 2017
Educational Objectives: On completion of this module, students will
- Understand the principles of wound management as they apply to a laceration.
- Be able to demonstrate the preparation of a laceration for closure.
- Be able to demonstrate sterile technique while preparing and suturing a laceration on a training model.
- Be able to demonstrate and practice these suturing techniques on a training model:
- Instrument Tie
- Simple Interrupted Suture
- Simple/Half Buried Suture
- Vertical/Horizontal Mattress Suture
- Figure Of 8 Suture
- Simple Running Suture
- Subcuticular Running Suture
Participants will have the opportunity to demonstrate and practise suturing techniques. All supplies will be provided for the workshop. Enrollment is limited in order to optimize the learning experience.
Over the course of 8 hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm) a maximum group of up to 12 people will participate and practice in small group scenarios. There would be multiple practice sessions with pre and post test evaluations
Scheduled Course Dates:
- Friday 18th August 2017
- Friday 8th September 2017
- Friday 10th November 2017
Course Venue: Sasun Hotel, Transamadi Port Harcourt Rivers State
Course Fee: N20, 000
1) ACCOUNT NAME: Nursingworld Nigeria, BANK: Access Bank Plc, ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0058796320
2) ACCOUNT NAME: Nursingworld Nigeria, BANK: U.B.A, ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1018264006
(Limited slots available as we would be working in small groups for practice sessions)
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.
If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791
Share this news with friends!!!